The Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese (AOUS), the Heath Care provider (HCP) for the Siena Centre, is structured in 10 departments directed by General Manager, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Medical Officer, and Chief Nursing Officer. Each department is divided in several units:
- the Medical Genetics Unitis a part of Innovation, Experimentation, Clinical and Translational Research department;
- the Radiology Unitis part of Radiological Science department;
- the Child Neuropsychiatry Unitis part of Mental and Sensorineural Health Department;
- the Pediatric Unitis part of the Maternal and Child Department;
- the Neurology and Neurometabolic diseases Unitis part of Neurological and Physical Sciences department.
Medical Genetics Unit (Prof. Alessandra Renieri) offers genetic consultation for children, adults and pregnant women and assesses molecular genetic tests;
Child Neuropsychiatry Unit has over 30 years of experience in clinical diagnosis, care and management of Rett syndrome and ASD;
Pediatric Unit has a long-lasting experience in diagnosis, treatment and periodic evaluations of patients with rare conditions associated with epilepsy;
Neurology and Neurometabolic diseases Unit takes care of adult patients with rare intellectual disability syndromes and rare malformation syndromes;
Radiology Unit provides a high standard imaging service of technical excellence, such as MRI, for the diagnosis optimization of pediatric and adult patients.
Several healthcare professionals as Neurophysiopatologist, Cardiologists, Odontologists, Gastroenterologists, Physical Therapists and others are integrated into the care pathway in order to offer a complete examination, to improve health conditions and to obtain a defined diagnosis.